NEWS & NEW CLASSES
- Community Reiki Clinics Thursdays at 7:30 p.m.Through light touch and with a nurturing intention, Reiki creates space for us to heal and grow. Briel Driscoll, Reiki Master Practitioner and Teacher leads these group sessions, with the healing intention of the group supporting and strengthening the intention of each individual. No previous experience necessary! Cost is a sliding scale -- $10-$30. Appointments are recommended as clinics may fill up, but walk-ins are also welcome. Contact Briel at 814-244-9907 or visit TheCommunityReikiProject.org for more information.
- Tribal Fusion Belly Dance with Yareli on Saturdays at 1:00 p.m. -- Designed for the beginning Tribal Fusion Belly dancer, the class will start by breaking down Tribal Fusion Belly dance posture, upper and lower body isolations, hip locks, some basic footwork and traveling, and snake arms.¨¨
- Pilates on Tuesdays at 6:30 (new time)-- Taught by Valerie Rushmere, this class focuses on alignment, strength, flexibility, and body awareness. Using the principles developed by Joseph Pilates, emphasis is placed on developing core strength to improve posture, create long, lean muscles, and enhance overall strength and flexibility.
- Body Conditioning -- Now on Thursdays at 5:15-6:15 p.m. (no longer on Saturdays at 10 a.m.) starting July 11.
- Burlesque Fitness at 5:15-6:15 on Tuesday nights in Studio A -- Valerie teaches this burlesque-inspired workout that will liberate your inner vixen and get every muscle burning!
- Zumba! -- Join Jessica for an energetic dance-centric workout on Saturdays at 10:15 a.m.
For descriptions and additional information, visit:
Class Schedule Page
Our Getting Started page
Give a Studio 1831 Gift Card to the one you love!
Give a gift card to the one you love! Studio 1831 now offers online purchases of gift cards in a variety of amounts that let that special someone try a new class such as Yoga, Belly Dancing, Pilates, Body Conditioning, Burlesque Fitness and more. Buy that special gift card today.
Best Philly Yoga Studio
(Citypaper Reader's Choice Awards)
Try one of our outstanding
Yoga, Belly Dance, Fitness,
Pilates, Afro-Caribbean or
Burlesque Fitness Classes
Find a class here that fits your schedule
and purchase classes and more online
Treat yourself to a massage
at Studio 1831
(By appointment only)
* * *
Purchase a gift card online
* * *
For Singing Telegrams, Bellygrams,
and Dance Performances
Studio 1831 is a yoga, fitness, and dance studio
located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Studio 1831 offers yoga, belly dancing,
and salsa lessons, as well as Zumba, Pilates, and burlesque fitness classes.
Renowned belly dancer and Studio 1831 owner, Valarina, has been teaching and
performing Middle Eastern dances for more than twenty years. Valarina’s
philosophy promotes dance as a way to achieve health and well-being.
addition to providing energizing dance and fitness classes, we also offer
relaxing massages to promote full body wellness. Let Studio 1831 ease your
muscles, relieve your joint pain, and recover your energy, all while helping you
enjoy a healthy, fit lifestyle.
Voted “Best Philly Yoga Studio” by
CityPaper, we take pride in transforming lives of those in Philadelphia. We
provide a clean, relaxing atmosphere in our yoga studio for you to enjoy the
beauty of dance in. We hold daily and weekly classes and our full studio is also
available for rent.
Call Studio 1831 today to discuss a fitness schedule,
or browse our class schedule online. We welcome the opportunity to introduce you
to Valarina’s dance programs. Contact us at 215-665-1991 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and see why.
Reiki Clinics and Training
Community Reiki Clinics
Thursday evenings, 7:30-8:45 p.m.
Sliding scale fee: $10-$30.
(Closed Oct 31, Nov. 28 and Dec. 26 for holidays)
Come experience the nurturing intention and light touch of Reiki in a supportive group setting! More info at the Community Reiki Project website.
Reiki Level 1
No previous experience required!
Meets two Saturday afternoons 12:30-6:30 — Dec. 7 and 21.
Sliding scale fee: $150-275.
This course will provide you with tools to start a solid self practice and begin to explore treating others as well. For more information and registration, please visit the Community Reiki Project website.
Reiki Level 2
Prerequisite: Level 1
Meets five Sunday afternoons 1-4 p.m. — Nov. 17 - Dec. 15.
Sliding scale fee: $175-325
This course will cover three traditional Reiki symbols and how to use them, Animal Reiki, Distance Reiki, Spatial healing and more! For more information and registration, please visit her website.
Private Reiki sessions
Sliding scale $35-$80
For more information: please visit her website or call Briel at 814-244-9907
Are you ready for Reiki Level 3 or Reiki Teacher Training? Contact Briel.Driscoll@gmail.com